Monday, June 22, 2015

Doodlebug Back To School Layouts using Alphabet Stickers

Hello there!  Today I am sharing some fun ways to use up those extra random letters in your alphabet sticker stash over on Doodlebug's blog!  :)


Alphabets and typography make me think of school so I decided to try and make some more progress on my daughter's school album by pairing the letters with some of the other fun stickers and papers from Doodlebug's new Back To School collection.


To start my page, I started by spelling out my title in the colored alphabet stickers on white cardstock and then working my way out, I added random white stickers in different fonts to fill in the leftover spaces and create the look of a custom embossed paper.  While I didn't want to waste my stickers (because it does use up a lot) I made sure to have some of them bleed off the edge.  I was able to salvage the spots I cut off and use them to fill in other edges.

And just how did I perfectly center my title?  I used Melinda Spink's ingenious tip to place them on parchment paper to see how much space they would take up and then I lined them up with a ruler to make sure they were perfectly straight in the transfer.


While I had my supplies out I created a second page to compliment the first one.  For this layout I chose to go more simple and to just mimic the colors and the ruler border on the other side.


By adding some foam tape underneath my apple sprinkle shape I was able to add a little dimension and create a mini scene with the lunch and milk icon sticker.


I find 8x10 class photos extremely hard to scrapbook and get creative with since they take up so much of the layout so I have given myself permission to cut them up and just make sure that all the details I trimmed off are covered in some other way on my page.  In this case there was a ton of extra space on my daughter's class photo with the name of the school and pictures of the teacher and principal.  To make sure they were still included, I chose to simply cut them out and include them them as snapshots along the bottom.


I hope I've inspired you to tackle those leftover sticker sheets full of extra Q's and Z's!

Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com)

5 comments:

  1. OMG Your layouts are awesome OMG you so did two outstanding creative jobs!! WOW
    Love the papers and all of the amazing ways you used the embellishments. I've never seen class pictures done this way and it's an outstanding idea. You are a very talented scrapper.
    YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan! You're so sweet and you totally made my day! :)

      Delete
  2. Spectacular layouts Mendi! I love them as all you do! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous and bright are your school lalouts
    Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well - I am so WOWED by the way you used those alphas - so fantastic and just phenomenal!! What a incredible idea to use the leftovers in this way!! Made for a super cool and way fun background to the first layout!! And you make a class picture look awesome the way you have scrapped it - What an inventive way to do it!! I have so much to learn from you and I am just so glad there is YOU on the Doodlebug Design Team - you are such a natural with their products!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...