Monday, February 23, 2015

Bella Blvd. Tiny Tots Layouts ~ Day 1

Hello there!  Did you have a nice weekend?  Today I'm back sharing two of the four layouts I created using the Tiny Tots collection by Bella Blvd.

For my first layout I found some favorite photos featuring our encounter with the Sesame Street gang at Universal Studios Osaka and I knew they would be perfect with the darling ABC's paper!


To form a visual triangle I added a colorful subtitle to the top, right-hand corner of my page, layering a mixture of die-cuts and stickers from the collection.


The second grouping of my triangle was created with a punched out sunshine (using an ancient EK Success punch) and a chipboard cloud.  I love how I  lucked out and the sun just perfectly fit within on of the scalloped circles!  For the center of my sun I used an extra letter "o" from the treasures and text sticker sheet.

To create the white scalloped border behind my circles, I welded 7 scalloped circles together on my Silhouette software sized to perfectly shadow the 2" circles in my border.


My title was inspired by the first two words of the Sesame Street song which I couldn't get out of my head while I was working on this.  LOL!  I cut the word "days" out on my Silhouette using the font SNF Lollihop.  The 3 little flower buttons (also by Bella Blvd) were the final touch to complete my visual triangle.


Up next is a layout that started with the little lion circle die cut and these photos of my nephew wearing a similar lion towel.  From there his clothing and the die cut dictated my color choices.


I thought a banner style layout would be the perfect way to showcase several of the smaller chipboard and pennant style stickers from the collection, as well as a couple of the fun journaling cards and tags.


I love how this collection has both the words "man" and "lady" so you can personalize your title to work for either!


Are you still with me?  ;)  I will be returning on Friday with my last two layouts from this collection.  Until then, I hope you have a great day!  Thanks so much for stopping by.  :)


Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com)

5 comments:

  1. Mendi - My jaw dropped as I studied every awesome detail of these layouts!!! I am such a huge fan of Sesame Street so the first page really grabbed my heart!!! All your details are just so amazing and the details - OMG, the details - every single little thing comes together to make both these pages just absolutely stellar and the cutest things ever!!! I know I gush ALL THE TIME but I can't help it - YOU ARE JUST SO GUSH - WORTHY!!!!! Have an amazing day and I cannot wait to see the other layouts you made!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Taunya! You always make me feel so special! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow... these layouts are gorgeous.... your nephew is adorable by the way... and I love his little lion towel and layout.. perfect! But that first layout.. WOW oh WOW! Stunning!! I LOVE it... the entire design of it, the papers and gorgeous vibrant colors... beautiful Mendi!!! Truly love it! How do you get your photos in a collage like that? IS it an app or something? Let me know.
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm cheap and enlargements can be expensive so I printed them 2 photos to each 4x6 and then cropped and added them back together on a piece of white cardstock. I usually go through Costco, but my daughter just taught me a wonderful secret about Shutterflies free 101 prints offer. If you use the coupon and only purchase 99 prints your shipping is quite a bit cheaper and it makes each print less than 6 cents! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness...I pinned both of these. You've been busy girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...