Friday, January 23, 2015

"Wishing You Sunshine" Rainbow Inspired Cards

I don't know about you, but I could use a little sunshine right about now.  ;)  I thought I would pop in and share a couple of my last cards published with Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine before they closed their doors.

This one was featured in their January 2015 digital issue.  :)


To create this, I assembled two identical set of rays attaching them to a piece of printer paper.  I then dicut one into a semi circle and diecut the other into the work "YOU" along with the extra hearts.  I layered my hearts over the top with foam tape and added glossy accents to make them stand out.  :)




Up next is another rainbow inspired card which was published in the February 2015 issue.  To create this card, I stamped the Papertrey Ink Scattered Showers images on watercolor paper using archival ink and then colored them in with a white Prismacolor pencil.  Next I sponged in a rainbow of distress ink colors on the diagonal and misted them with water to help them bleed together.  I then took a dry paper towel and dabbed the white portion of my images where the ink was resisted.  :)


Please forgive my poor photos... You can also see how they appeared in the actual magazine which I have pinned HERE and HERE.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Wishing you sunshine in your neck of the woods!  :)






Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com):

9 comments:

  1. I hope you have even a small inkling of how AWESOMELY INCREDIBLY COOL these cards are!! I am in awe and just tickled to see something so beautiful and fun and bright and sparkly and rainbow-y!!! Your eye for details and your preciseness pulled both of these cards with amazing precision!! Love your details in each one and just WOW - WOW - WOW!!! Hope you have a super sunshiny day and that you grin all day the way you have made me grin today!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe... Thank you Taunya! I hope you have a Sunny, Happy day too! :)

      Delete
    2. Absolutely amazing! I love the "ray" card! This is a great way to use up some scrap pieces. It would also work wonderful for those "color my world" phrases. Thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete
  2. OMG how amazing are these cards???!!?? Mendi that top card is so over the top awesome, and your eye for color and detail is impeccable! You did such an amazing job my friend! Holy COW! Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ray card is so cool...and I love how you added the glossy accents too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mendi,
    This card recently came across my Pinterest feed, and I immediately wondered if my new Sunny Studios Sun Rays Dies would work for this technique. What a wonderful surprise to find that you created this amazing card with my "new" dies over two years ago! It is truly a work of creativity and very worthy of publication. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. Just goes to show I've always had a thing for sun rays. ;) Hope you have a fabulous week!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...