Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pebbles Home For Christmas Project Life Pocket Style Page

Merry Christmas!!!  I hope you all are having a cozy day enjoying time with loved ones.  

Today I'm sharing one last Christmas themed layout that I created for the Pebbles blog that I did in a pocket page style using their fun Home For Christmas collection.  I must admit that the pocket page portion was assigned to me and not a style I normally would chose for myself so I was at a loss of where to start,  but I discovered THIS wonderful sketch by the talented Allison Davis which gave me a great jumping off point.


To hold my journaling card I turned to one of the Home For Christmas cardstock tag pockets.  It came with the words "To/From" printed on the front which I was able to easily disguise with a little strip of patterned paper. 

I found that when I was able to think about the pockets as individual projects like little greeting cards, it made everything less intimidating for me.  Following the sketch, I incorporated a tree for my largest pocket which I crafted from a piece of felt.


For my bottom pocket I chose to sting a trio of stockings, popping up the darkest green one so that it would stand out against the similar colored background.

Today's layout features We R Memory Keepers 1/16" Power Punch which I was able to utilize in a couple of different ways on my project.  I used it first to punch tiny holes in my stocking die-cuts so that I could string them with embroidery floss.  I am seriously excited to have a strong punch that punches this smaller sized circle!  I can see this being useful for so many applications and it was perfect for these stockings that were simply too small to use with my Crop-a-Dile tool.


I used it again to create my homemade felt tree embellishment.  I put together a visual tutorial along with 10 simple steps on how you can create one too which you can see on Pebbles blog HERE.  I hope I've inspired you to try making your own personalized embellishments!  I had so much fun making mine!  :)

I will be taking a bit of a blogging break as I enjoy the next few days with my family.  Check back next week for a fun Top Ten Blog Hop I will be participating in.  Hope you have lots of cozy and relaxing days ahead of you!  :)

Supplies (available at Scrapbook.com)

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely layout! I LOVE this style of scrapbooking even though I have yet to try it out myself. It just always looks so uniform and comes together so nicely. You did a fantastic job putting this together and I really love all the small details that you made sure to bring to the eye. The flossing, the handmade felt tree, the string tying in the stockings... just lovely elements! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely and totally blown away - you look like a PRO pocket page scrapper!! And that TREE!!! Whoa, girl, you did so good!!! I love how perfect and professional that tree looks!! You are such a star and I love your style and your amazing projects!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...