Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pebbles Fall Apple Cards with Paper Weaving Tutorial

I have some Apple Themed cards  to share which I created with Pebbles ultra versatile Basics Collection!

Pebbles Apple themed cards with weaving tutorial by Mendi Yoshikawa using #Basics Collection from @PebblesInc. @MendiYoshikawa

For my first card I turned to my Silhouette Cameo (using Lori Whitlock's apple shape found HERE or HERE).  I added a little stitching around the edge, stamped a Papertrey Ink sentiment onto one of their die-cut tags and then layered them with a die-cut daisy topped with a button center.  This came together quickly and yet I think it still has a lot of personality.  

Pebbles Apple themed card by Mendi Yoshikawa using #Basics Collection from @PebblesInc. @MendiYoshikawa

Up next I have a card featuring a great basic apple print paper from Pebbles Back To School Collection and a handmade apple embellishment which I created from woven paper strips and another one of Lori's apple cutting file found HERE.

Pebbles Apple themed cards with weaving tutorial by Mendi Yoshikawa using #Basics Collection from @PebblesInc. @MendiYoshikawa

My last card features yet another die-cut apple from that same woven paper.  I was thrilled to discover I could make two apples from my one woven 6x6 sheet .  I kept the rest of my card design simple using a 5" circle die-cut for my base and adding a little ribbon with a tag for my sentiment to help dress it up.

Pebbles Apple themed cards with weaving tutorial by Mendi Yoshikawa using #Basics Collection from @PebblesInc. @MendiYoshikawa

Make sure to check out my Pebbles blog post HERE where I shared how I created these fun woven apple focal pieces for my last two cards.  I always love finding more ways to use all my favorite patterned papers and this was a super fun technique to experiment with!  :)

2 comments:

  1. These apple themed cards are so pretty Mendi! My favorite of the three is the "your simply sweet" card! It's simple and to the point. Love your work as always!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with all three of these cards and the sweetness of them!! Apples for some reason are such an icon of fall for me!! Thank you for sharing these awesome creations with me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...