Monday, September 15, 2014

A Couple of Apple Inspired Fall Cards

Just popping in today with two cards I made awhile back that share apples in common.  I don't know what it is about fruit motifs, but I am drawn to them like crazy.  I can't seem to get enough whether it be on a cute Gymboree line for my kids or a dozen different stamp sets that have seemed to make it home with me.  They feel happy to me.  :)

For my first card I used a sketch found in the September issue of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine. There was a sneak peek at this issue along with the sketch on the blog shared HERE and a full sized version HERE.

To create my card I paired Silhouette diecut apples and a filmstrip cutting file with Doodlebug's Petite Print paper & washi tape and a stamped sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Fruit Fusion Apple set.


For my next card I used that same Papertrey Ink Fruit Fusion Apple stamp set to stamp my apple and then paired it with their Mat Stack 3 die and their Wonderful Words Teacher stamp set and die.  

I created this card for a past Craft Warehouse card challenge in which we were given the aqua dot paper and the chalkboard tape by Fancy Pants to use.  After a bit of experimenting I discovered that a Signo Uniball pen that was zapped with a heat gun worked beautifully to prevent smearing on the slick chalkboard tape surface.


Thanks so much for visiting and for all the sweet comments that have been left.  They always mean so much to me!  :)


2 comments:

  1. These cards are gorgeous! I love fall! Your cards (especially that first one) remind me of apple picking and we do that every fall! Love the inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such A"peel"ing cards - love them both - you did a fabulous job of putting your special marks and touches on them!! What an amazing crafter you are!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...