Thursday, May 22, 2014

Lori Whitlock Candy Themed Layout with Link Up Challenge

I’m excited to be hosting a Link Up party on Lori Whitlock's Blog today!  :)

I am calling my challenge an "out-of-the-box" challenge.  I think it's always awesome to get a little more mileage from our shapes and feel like we're getting a great bang for our buck so I would love to see all your ideas on how to uses Lori's shapes in ways other that how they were originally intended.  

Examples of this could be:

  • Using a shaped card (as I did) as an embellishment on a layout.
  • Merging Two shapes together
  • Ungrouping a shape and using the inside pieces or outside outline only
  • Using an element from a card or layout file on another project
  • Cutting a one layer title out of multiple colors to make each word a different color
  • Turning a shape into a shaped card
  • Using one of Lori's 2-page layouts as a single page layout
  • Repeating a shape to form a border
  • Stretching or distorting a shape to fit specific dimensions of your project
Let your creativity guide you!  :)


For my example I made a layout with a focus on Lori's darling Bubble Gum Machine Shaped Card which I used as a flat embellishment.  As an added twist I used the shiny mark from her apple shape on each of my gumballs and then adhered a circle behind each with a coordinating lighter shade of cardstock.  

For my scalloped button border I used Lori's 3 Borders, duplicating and welding the largest scallop together and removing the inside cutouts.  For the scalloped mat behind my focal point I reduced one of Lori's 12x12 Background Circles in size and also removed the inside cutouts.  For my date tab I used Lori's 8 Tabs and just removed the inside cutouts before cutting.  I finished off my layout using Lori's adorable Vintage Font for my title.  I love that with a little clever thinking I can get so many different looks with Lori's awesome shapes!


For this challenge you can use any or Lori’s files from her SVG Shop or the Silhouette Online Store. You have until June 4th to link-up your project.  The winner of a very cool gift card will be announced here on the blog on June 5th!  I can't wait to see what you come up with!  :)




2 comments:

  1. LOVE this layout! I love everything about it, the colors, the layout, the adorable photo and LOVE that gorgeous font!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful! Love the photo and the die cuts you used!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...