Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Doodlebug Halloween Parade Trick-or-Treating Layout

I have a Halloween layout to share that I completed earlier this week using some more of the adorable Halloween Parade collection by Doodlebug (previously shared HERE and HERE).


For my title I used Kolette Hall's "happy" cutting file from her Happy Halloween Layered Script Phrase.   I wanted my title to say "Haunting" instead of "Halloween" though so I created my own variation by typing the word out with a free font, playing with the spacing until the characters overlapped slightly and then welding them together.

I grounded my title by layering a tone-on-tone fancy frills border sticker beneath it.  I finished it off by popping up a pumpkin sticker from the collection with foam tape and layering star icon stickers with star jewels.



This layout design is perfect for use with 6x6 pads or small scraps of left over paper which is always awesome in my book.  I cut my stars and their coordinating shadows using my Silhouette Cameo and Lori Whitlock's Star from her 4 Button Set and layered them with Doodlebug's Boutique Buttons.



My journaling strips were created using Microsoft Word and a text box with a black background and white font.  Afterwards I just cut them into strips and swiped the white edges with a black ink pad for a crisp look.  It's a fun little trick since I've always been a bit sad that it's not possible to print in white ink.  ;)

Before I go, I thought I would share a little peek of Bella Blvd's November newsletter that's coming out tomorrow.  Make sure to check it out HERE.  I am excited to have a layout featured this month!





I will be back next week to share some more Fall layouts I've been working on.  I hope you have an awesome weekend!  :)

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout my friend! I love the papers! So colorful and I love your title... Happy Haunting is cute and goes well with your little trick-or-treaters..... and congrats on having a layout published in the BB Mag!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You always bring sunshine to my day with your sweet comments. :)

      Delete
  2. Great layout and congrats on being featured in the Bella Buzz Issue, you're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Mendi, on the featured layout! That's awesome and so well deserved! Outstanding, colorful Halloween layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. Love this layout too!! The fourth star in from the left, the lime green patterned paper, can you tell me the name and designer of the paper? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lime green is from the same Doodlebug Petite Prints collection. Scrapbook.com no longer carries that one individually so you would have to purchase it as part of the multi-pack or find a local store who carries it by the sheet (or you might try google--It would be called Limeade).

      http://store.scrapbook.com/db-2955.html

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...