Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Couple of Sympathy & Thinking of You Cards

Today I have a couple of Sympathy cards to share.  A couple weeks ago there was a news story of two girls in Oregon who died while playing in a pile of leaves on their street after dark while their Dad took pictures.  While he stepped away to set his camera down, a car of teens thought it would be fun to swerve over and drive through the pile of leaves and the girls were killed.  It's so tragic and it just so happens the father was my husband's co-worker a few years back.

With his beautiful daughter in mind I created this soft, girly sympathy card (using My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing "Honey" 6x6 pad, Papertrey Ink's Fillable Frames #4 stamp & Technique Tuesday's So Sorry by Ali Edwards stamp), but when I was done I realized it might not be right for a man to give another man and as much as my husband liked it he agreed so it was back to the drawing board...


The second time around I looked for wood textures from my stash (they are lumber traders) along with some rugged canvas which I spritzed with Mister Huey's and then diecut.  It's still a bit on the girly side (I seriously lack the ability to make male themed cards), but he thought this one would work much better.


I used papers from Jillibean's Grandma's Lima Bean Soup collection along with their wooden flags and etched flower wood buttons.  The Flower and leaf dies are old Sizzix dies and the kraft tag is from an older Pebbles collection.  I ended up using the Technique Tuesday's So Sorry by Ali Edwards set to stamp a sentiment on the inside of the card.

Don't forget to hug your kids tight tonight.  ;)



1 comment:

  1. Such a sad and tragic story! My heart goes out to that poor father.... unbelievable how so many people are irresponsible today... so sad... but your cards, both of them... are beautiful and I am sure the father would have liked the first one just as much... you are sweet to think of him and send him a nice card ...
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...