Thursday, October 31, 2013

Two Lori Whitlock Halloween Themed Digital Layouts

I hope you are all enjoying your Halloween so far.  I thought I would share a couple of digital Halloween layouts I created for my ongoing 8x8 Christmas album project this past weekend.  :)

I created these two layouts knowing that they would sit side by side in the bound album which presented a bit of a challenge.  I wanted to scrapbook them in such a way that they stood as individual layouts that complimented their specific photos, but also didn't completely clash with each other.  To achieve this I chose a unifying background color that would work for both layouts and used square mats of the same size.  I also tried to pick more neutral tone-on-tone prints and similar tones of green & orange colors that would compliment both digital collections.  To achieve this I had to play with the color tints a bit, but I've found that this ability is one of the little perks of working in digital.



For my pumpkin patch layout I used the following digital kits:



For my Halloween layout I used the following digital elements:

Well, that's all I have for now.  I hope to be back soon with some paper projects soon.  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you all have a happy and safe Halloween.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Haven't been here for awhile...and you've been busy, busy, busy. And these are such cute, sweet layouts...love how you make even Halloween sweet! You always do such a great job of making the layout colors match the photo colors---love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layouts Mendi! Your daughters are so photogenic and gorgeous! I cannot believe how much they resemble each other and you! I love the colors so much and I especially love the purple in the 2nd layout very much. Purple is my fav color and that purple is just so pretty! Hope the girls had a fabulous Halloween!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...