Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Doodlebug Halloween Parade Guest Designer Projects

I'm over-the-moon excited to have some of my projects featured on Doodlebug's blog today using their super cute Halloween Parade collection!!!

I created my first card at a crop with limited tools on hand.  I had left all my punches and dies at home so I was looking for a technique that would be eye-catching with straight lines.  I decided it would be fun to do the popular paper-pieced chevron stripes which only required the use of my paper trimmer.  For my focal point I used one of the darling mini pockets with a pull-out sentiment hiding inside. 

I think all the little costumed characters in this collection are so cute and decided if one was cute, five of them would be even cuter.  To finish off my card I threaded basic white buttons with different colors of doodle twine and popped up my sentiment "quote sticker" with foam tape.



love the Be Witchy Doodlepop so I knew I wanted her to take center stage on a card.  I used papers from the 6x6 paper pad which are perfect for cards since the patterns have been reduced in size.  I layered her with clouds and a moon from the "icon cardstock stickers", a sentiment sticker from the "tag stickers" sheet and finished my card off with some of the yummy new Halloween Sprinkles. 








As a last minute addition, I created a 4th card this week using some scraps of paper from the 6x6 pad along with the totally adorable ghost sticker from the collection.  The tag die is by Papertrey Ink which I elongated and then hid the seam with the ribbon.


Finally, for my last project I made two quick and easy treat boxes using Lori Whitlock's Apple Favor Bag cutting file.  I substituted the apple with the cute pixie cutouts (using them as a label rather than a flag) and topping them with doodads and jewels.  A little doodle twine and some more pixie flags and they were complete.  Super fun and the perfect size to fill with treats to surprise my daughters with on Halloween morning.







Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'll be back tomorrow to share two more layouts with some up close shots using more of this darling collection!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...