Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Simple Stories Harvest Lane Pumpkin Patch Layout

How are you?  Have you been enjoying your fall?  We've had one of the driest (& warm) October's in over a decade which is saying a lot here in the Pacific Northwest!  I thought I would pop in to share a layout I made a few months back documenting last year's trip to the pumpkin patch (which I realized just now incorrectly has this year's date--big OOPS!)



I created this layout for another page challenge over at Craft Warehouse.  For this challenge they provided us with a 12x12 sheet of orange Bazzill cardstock, a 6x12 sheet of Fancy Pants' Swagger paper (called Dependable) and a furry mustache sticker.  I must admit, as a mother of two girls this combo didn't thrill me, but as soon as I saw the mustache I knew I could find a way to turn it in a pumpkin leaf!  :)

With that idea I was off and running.  Last year I bought the almost the entire Harvest Lane collection by Simple Stories and I was seriously giddy to finally cut into it.  Unfortunately the oranges weren't a perfect match, but with a little chalk ink and turning my Swagger paper to the brown side I was able to make it work.  Luckily the rules are you just have to use a little bit of everything no matter how big or small. ;)



I cut out the little house from one of the photo mat element sheets and mounted it on thin chipboard to create my embellishment.  I also gave a little extra weight to my banner title by mounting the fall stickers onto chipbard and cutting them out as well.



I'm hoping to find some more time to play with this awesome collection again soon.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  :)


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this layout and all the added touches you used in your embellishments! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man girl.. you do the most beautiful work! You never disappoint! This layout is absolutely gorgeous to me. I love fall, love the colors, love your fall title with the little banner letters... love the photos of course and most of all, LOVE the paper line! I think it's pure genius that you turned a mustache into a pumpkin leaf! Love this my friend!!!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! I hope you guys had an awesome Halloween! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...