Monday, September 2, 2013

A Simple Stories Summer Fresh School Years Layout

Happy Labor Day!  With my girls starting back to school tomorrow (hooray!) it has put me in a nostalgic mood so I thought I would share a layout I made earlier this year documenting some of my own grade school photos.


I have been meaning to do this project for so long now and I'm happy I was finally able to document this period of my life for my own kids to enjoy.  When I was a child I loved to write stories and after reading an entertaining autobiography by Beverly Cleary (found HERE) I was inspired to document a few of my own childhood memories (which luckily I kept).  I really treasure having it now because there are many things I had since forgotten.  It wasn't easy condensing it to fit within my columns, but I did my best to incorporate as much as I could with each grade level.



To document my school years I tried to find a collection that would match the overwhelming amounts of red and navy in my clothing and yet match the vintage tint to my photos.  Simple Stories Summer Fresh Collection turned out to be just the ticket!  For my title and subtitles I used the Kerri Bradford's awesome School Years cutting files available for purchase HERE.  The stack of books and crayon shapes were purchased at the Silhouette store found HERE and HERE.



To complete my title I heat embossed the word "memories" with white embossing powder using Technique Tuesday's "Favorite Memories by Ali Edwards".  It was a little too stark for my page though so I distressed it with a bit of Tim Holtz distress ink and a foam applicator to give it a bit of an aged look.


Well that about wraps it up.  I hope I've inspired you to dig out your own school photos to scrapbook.  Next on my list is junior high!  That was smack dab in the middle of the 80's for me so that layout should be a fun one to create.  :)

P.S. Lori's Blog hop was postponed for Wednesday.  Hope to see you then!  :)



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...