Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Couple of Strawberry Themed Summer Cards

The weeks feel like they are fly by!  Today I took my kids to the airport who are going to Japan with my husband to spend two weeks with their grandmother before school starts.  I'm a little nervous about too much quiet, but I'm also looking forward to enjoying the solitude while it lasts.  I've been to Japan many times over the years (last summer in fact) so I was more than happy to sit this (hot & sweaty) visit out and get caught up on some things around the house before the busy back-to-school season hits.   Sadly my to do list is more along the lines of ironing and selling off outgrown clothing on Ebay and not as exciting as endless hours of uninterrupted crafting...  :(

I thought before summer completely passes us by I would share a couple of summer themed berry cards that I made for past magazine calls.  I must admit fruit images make me happy.  I made this first one using Technique Tuesday new set called A Little Fruity which I paired with a sentiment from Papertrey Ink and Dots & Stripes papers by Echo Park.  For this call they challenged us to submit cards that repeated a stamped image 7 times so this was my take on the idea.


This second one I made over a year ago in response to a Paper Crafts call for cards that used a particular sketch (by Teri Anderson).  Of course it was a November/December issue and this was way off season so it didn't get picked up, but I had fun finally playing with my Fruit Fusion stamps by Papertrey Ink.  I used a little dots of white enamel by Ranger for my strawberry seeds and various buttons my Basic Grey.


Thanks for hanging with me.  I hope you have an awesome weekend!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards my friend! I absolutely love them both and I love how you created a flower shape from the strawberries in the 2nd one and alternated the colors. Very sweet!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...