Monday, July 29, 2013

A Perfect Summer Rafting Layout

Hi there!  I'm back to share another project I have that up on Lori Whitlock's blog!  I'm still on a summer kick so for my layout today I used more of the"Perfect Summer" collection she designed for Echo Park along with several of her cutting files!



I ended up using (2) 6x6 papers from the coordinating paper pad for my background.  I love how the prints are reduced in size to work perfectly for what I had in mind.  For my title I paired Lori's "adventure" phrase with some older Cocoa Daisy stamps by Ali Edwards and a fish sticker from the collection.



I also used the smaller prints from the 6x6 pad to cut my flip flops which worked well.  I wanted the water flourish to stand out against the background so I chose to journal on vellum which gave a subtle washed out look to the patterned paper below.  As a finishing touch I added Stardust Stickles (by Ranger) to the water flourish and openings in my diecut border.



To create my layout I used the following cutting files designed by Lori:
Don't Bother Me (flip flops)
4 Seasons Layout: Spring (flower for flip flops)
Cute Umbrella (for splashes- Silhouette Store only)
'Water' Flourish (Silhouette store only)
'Big Adventure' Phrase (Silhouette store only)
3 Borders (Silhouette store only)

Thanks so much for hanging with me today!  I hope you're keeping cool in your neck of the woods!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Great LO!
    Can you tell me what font you used in typing your journaling? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a font called CK_Alis_Writing. I use it a lot when pairing it with other stamps using her handwriting. ;) You can download it for free here:

      http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/articles/CK_free_fonts

      Delete
  2. Absolutely wonderful layout! Love the flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout!!! Love the colors on this one my friend!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flip flops are so super cute!!! LOVE your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinkin' cute Miss Mendi....I especially love that adorable little yellow fish, the fun flip flops and the sunburst!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...