Monday, August 20, 2012

A Basic Grey & Hero Arts Butterfly Card

Happy Monday!  :)

Did you have a great weekend?  We enjoyed some time with family visiting and last night I happily discovered a patch of wild blackberries in the field next to us.  I had so much fun picking and eating.  I'm hoping to go again this evening so I can get enough to make some blackberry milkshakes.  Mmm...

So this week I thought I would share some cards that I've made in recent months that I never got around to sharing. 



This is a card I made using a Hero Arts Butterfly Stamp, my copic markers and a mini 6x6 paper pad from Basic Grey's Green at Heart collection.  I started by selecting my papers and coloring my butterfly to match.  I stamped and colored two images--Diecutting one with the spellbinders label and fussy cutting the second one out and gluing just the center portion down which all allows the wings to flap a bit to reveal the other butterfly below.  

For the butterfly that was stamped on the diecut label, after coloring the image with the pens, I stamped and cut a mask to cover the butterfly and then used distress inks with a foam applicator to give the label a soft background which blended better with the papers than the stark white cardstock it was originially stamped on.


Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper-Basic Grey Green At Heart 6x6 pad
White Cardstock- Neenah Solar White
Butterfly Stamp- Hero Arts
Sentiment Stamp- Papertrey Ink "Butterfly Dreams"
Border Punch- Martha Stewart
label die- Spellbinders
Ink- Distress Ink, Versafine Onyx Black (sentiment)
Rhinestones- Kaiser Craft
Ribbon-Craft Supply
Other: Copic Markers

Thanks for stopping by!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...