Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I *heart* Circles

I thought I would share today a handful of layouts I completed at a crop I attended last month.  As I was going through them, I noticed a circle trend on these particular pages. I will admit it... I'm a bit addicted to them.  They just catch my eye--maybe in the same way that Walt Disney realized their appeal with Mickey Mouse.

For this one I used a full-sized, pre-cut Cicle by My Mind's Eye Lime Twist and again for the rosette to mimic the feel of the giant lollipop my husband brought us from Paris...


















For these photos, I found a sketch by Valerie Salmon that caught my eye over at Got Sketch.  I loved the use of the half circle and cropping one my photos into a circle...  (the sailboat, scalloped circle border and the word "girl" were all cut out on my Silhouette).  Patterned Papers by Echo Park.









This is another fun sketch I found using circles in the background.  I love how the pumpkins by Lori Whitlock (once again used with my silhouette) just happened to match my daughter's shirt in the photo! Patterned paper by Echo Park.



For this last page I turned the October Afternoon banner paper into an actual half-circle nautical banner. I am always attracted to banner patterned paper, but sometimes find myself struggling to find the perfect way to feature it on a layout without everything getting too busy and this was the perfect solution. I just found a circle punch that fit the banner on the patterned paper and then punched them and folded them over the twine.


Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you will be inspired to add some circles to your next papercrafts project! :)

1 comment:

  1. These are all so cute....I love all the circles. I don't use them enough...but you've inspired me. I'm REALLY loving the one with the calendar page...so cute. And I love the circle banner you made on the last one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...