Saturday, May 21, 2011

Handmade Flower Challenge

Craft Warehouse is throwing a very fun and festive blog party this weekend with lots of great challenges and prizes. Make sure to hop over and try to make some time to play along. I thought I would join in the fun and share a couple of handmade flowers I've made... To see more inspiring Handmade flowers click on the link HERE

I made the handmade flowers on this project last year just by layering and crumpling several scalloped circles which were secured in the center with a brad and then hidden with a more decorative button on top.  Most of the papers on this project were made from various My Mind's Eye collections.

This is probably a stretch, but for this project I diecut my "handmade" flowers on my Silhoutte machine and then crinkled and distressed the leaves which were cut from a patterned paper. This layout was created for a past Craft Warehouse Scrapbook Club in which we were challenged to use the leaf button and a leaf print paper (which turned out to not really be my taste, but after some alterations I was pleased with how well they blended in with my other Basic Grey papers used).

Thanks for peeking! I'll be back tomorrow to share a layout I created for Elizabeth's scraplift challenge. :)

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! Totally love these! Thanks for playing, Mendi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both projects! You are very creative! Great color choices, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...