Monday, April 11, 2011

Some Spring Cards to share

Thought it was about time to dust off this blog and share some fun new stuff I've been working on. I have finally pretty much finished selling off my mountains of Ebay inventory (sold 1700 articles of children's clothing in 2 months time, working about 60 hours a week plus some for a good long time). I am so burnt out on that and so very excited to be back doing something creative. I'm going to try my best to update this blog once each day of this week with some new cards I've been busy making.

Today I'm sharing a couple cards featuring a cloud kick I was on. My local scrapbook store challenged us to make cards with the theme "things that fly". I got so inspired I made three cards. Here are two of them...

We were required to use an ivory card base (something I found very challenging with the bright, cheery "things that fly" theme so I added an ivory banner behind the plane to tie in the card base. We also were required to use the brad I used on the propeller (which proved to be another huge challenge for me).

This card is my favorite. I made hand cut the sunrays and used my Silhouette to cut out the fun hot air balloon. It's not to often that an idea in my head actually works out on paper, but this one did. :)


Thanks for peeking and hopefully I can stay on top of my schedule to be back tomorrow to share another card I've been working on. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your sunshine card---such a beautiful scene you've created!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...